Practical ways to live better on less.
Shopping for men can be a tough task! Men like fun gifts just like women, so skip the boring shaving cream and tool gift sets. You are better off getting him a gift certificate to a hardware store to pick out his own tools. Finding great gifts that fit within your budget can sometimes be rough, however, it is not impossible. Listed below are a few great ideas for birthday, holiday, and any-time gifts under $25. Remember, it is the thought that counts, not the amount you spend! I have tried to include options for every interest. Feel free to add more suggestions of your own in the comments below!
1. Old NES games – Check eBay and Amazon for great prices on all his favorite old Nintendo games. Sometimes, you can even find a deal for multiple packs.
2. A subscription to a men’s magazine like Men’s Health, Esquire, or any other hobby specific magazine (Golf Digest, Outdoor Life, Runner’s World, etc.)
3. A Hydration Backpack with a bladder is great for the exercise enthusiast, whether it be hiking, biking, or any other intense physical activity. You can find these at any sport’s stores like Dick’s Sporting Goods or Sports Authority. Also check Amazon and Wal-Mart for great deals.
4. Mini travel poker set – You can’t go wrong with a nice travel poker set.
5. Movies – search Amazon for his favorite movies. Most titles are well under $15, with older titles in the $5-10 range. Also, check the bargain bin at Wal-Mart – I have found some excellent deals here, especially on great oldies from the 80’s and 90’s.
6. A new pair of slippers is a great gift idea, especially if his birthday falls in the cooler fall and winter months. A comfortable, cozy gift for anyone who has hardwood floors and/or lives in a colder climate.
7. An artisan coffee mug (or travel mug). A great travel coffee mug like the Contigo line (found in stores like Target) is perfect for the man on the go. Or, choose a beautiful hand crafted mug for relaxing weekend mornings.
8. Best Buy Gift card – There are lots of small gifts he can purchase himself, such as: movies, games, and other small electronics.
9. A favorite book – Check Amazon for the best prices on every type of book imaginable.
10. Any type of trinkets to do with his favorite sports teams. Pint glasses, mugs, t-shirts, etc. is usually a safe bet.
11. Bass Pro gift card – Even if he is not an avid fisher, there are tons of other recreational items sure to please most men. At Bass Pro, you will also find camping, hunting, golf, and other recreational departments.
12. Sports store gift card – A gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, or any other local sports retailer allows him to pick out his own unique gift.
13. iTunes Gift Card – Let him pick out a few of his favorite songs. This one’s sure to be a hit!
14. Movie tickets – Treat him to a movie night – his choice!
15. Mini cologne bottles of his favorite scent. Check Amazon for mini sets.
16. A fun game like Bulls Eye Baseball